It's hard to believe that winter is right around the corner. We have enjoyed a great season and hope you have also. Before the snow begins to fall, we wanted to take an opportunity to remind you of the important fall landscape maintenance chores that should be done in order to have a healthy yard in the spring.
- Lawn Mowing - It is recommend to have your lawn short for the fall and winter months. This will prevent a buildup of dead grass in the spring that may smother new growth. Our lawn mowing routes will continue until the end of October weather permitting and we will lower our blades to make sure it is cut properly. Feel free to contact us about your service.
- Sprinkler System Winterization - By shutting down the water supply and filling the pipes with pressurized air you are able to blow out all remaining water. This will help prevent pipes from breaking due to the water freezing in them. To get on the winterization service route please contact us soon, we will be going out for one week only beginning October 19th until October 23rd.
- Leaf Clearing & Removal – Fall is one of the times when the cool season Utah grasses will revitalize themselves if given sufficient sunlight, nutrients, and water. A thick and/or matted layer of fallen leaves will cast excessive shade over the grass below and deprives the grass of sunlight. Lawns also need to breath during the winter and fall leaves can smother the grass is left on top. We can schedule visits weekly, 2 part clean ups (mid fall and late fall), or by request.
- Lawn Aeration - Fall is great time for lawn aeration because it reduces soil compaction and allows water & fertilizer to seep into the root zone. This service will only be available until the end of October.
- Lawn fertilizer - Fall is the most important time for fertilization since the lawn has passed through the stressful summer months and needs food to rebuild itself. In addition, during fall season there is less competition from weeds, insects, and diseases. Nutrients are required to take full advantage of the cool weather growth period to restore the lawn and prepare it for the next summer. This service will be available until mid November contact us to schedule a visit.
- Fall flower bed clean ups and pruning – To be ready to sprout new growth next season your flower beds need to be cut back or divided, the vegetable garden needs to be cut down, and new mulch needs to be added to protect plants from winter freeze. It is also recommended to prune back the trees and shrubs to prevent winter damage.
Landscape Solutions is here to help you with your landscape maintenance. By packaging several services together you can save. To schedule or get price quotes any of these services please contact us via the phone or the internet.
If you signed up for any of these services on your spring renewal form, do not worry you are already on the route, please call or email if you have any questions.